Works in Progress **56k Beware**

Duality

The Dualyist of Dualys
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
4,096
Hey I'm starting up this thread to get some feedback/help on particular projects I or anyone else may be working on. I'm currently working on some eGO artwork/wallpapers/avatars ect and wondering what you much more experienced EdgeGamers have to say.

I'll keep this updated pretty often since I'm still learning a ton-o-stuff!



I guess heres sample #1, working with the eGO logo and trying out some different models/effects. Any criticism is welcome, all I ask is that its constructive since I'm trying to learn.

egologowaterseis.png
 
I like this idea of a thread (as long as people use it the way it was intended) and I think that cool wavy/reflective effect on the eGO logo looks really nice. I have one suggestion on slightly improving it though.

On the "e" in the logo there's a line that hangs down a little too much toward the center in the top half of the letter (on the non-reflected part of the image). If you were to (if possible) make that a less drastic dip downward then it would be much more legible for most people I would think.

If you're not sure what I'm referring to I can make a notation within something like MS paint and show you but it's somewhat late already and I'd have to wait until a later time to make that post happen but, please let me know if it would help you understand what I'm talking about and I'd be glad to show you.

Keep up the good work, mate. :)
 
Last edited:
Thanks bud, yea i see the line you're talking about, its the 3rd white line down on the "e". It can be altered, I'd have to mess with the thickness and spacing of the lines but its doable. That line happens to run right on the 3d edge making it drop further.

Thanks again for the input, I think I'm shooting for this one to be a wallpaper more than anything else... too irregular to make fit otherwise.
 
i like it i would probably brighthen the top and unbrigthen the bottom that is all other then that good job i like:thumbup::thumbup1:
 
Heres two wallpapers (1680x1050) I came up with, 1 in more normal lighting then the other in a more recessed but "halo" glow effect lighting. Let me know. Oh and the water is transparent, so it'll appear white in browser but another color on desktop, do you think i should make it static black or some other color?



Heres the 1st

edgegamerswallpaper.png





Heres the 2nd:

edgegamerswallpaper2.png
 
Oh man, those look sick.

As far as comparing them goes, I'd say the 2nd one looks sharper and slightly easier to look at. The 1st one seems to have more visible jagged edges.

Unfortunately, my monitor doesn't support the resolution you set it for so I can only compare it within a browser window but the overall art style is very cool and I'm sure people would line up around the block to get a copy of it.


By the way, this would also make a really good spray or forum sig for some people if you resized it and personalized it for whoever requested it. I wouldn't just limit it to a wallpaper.
 
Heres else I've messing around with, just a little something. Working with transparency and layers a bit. Didnt know if theres something I need to improve.. maybe shadowing?


bobrossknife1.png
 
Yea Ive got to say the 2nd one looks a lot better, more sharper and detailed then the 1st
 
Love it and i want to marry it. Because its so awesome. First one shows up better btw
 
Last edited:
Heres another version, I need some help.

Yay or Nay on:

Fog?
Another Soldier?
Keep Soldier Neon?
Logo placement?




edgegamersneotokyoworki.png
 
ok, the second one is certainly my favorite with the color scheme and all but I like the smoke. So, honestly I'm not sure which on is better.
 
This is it for tonight, but I may add fog to this scheme if its wanted.

heres Version 3:

edgegamersneotokyo2.png
 
Version 4: Blue soldier retouched per request: slightly larger, more detailed and brighter)




edgegamersneotokyo2blue.png
 

Latest posts

Back
Top