- Joined
- Jun 24, 2009
- Messages
- 274
I am writing this thread just to let other members know my opinion on dealing with certain problems on the servers; I have noticed that most of all problems on the servers are dealt through all chat (Warning about language, warning about name, warning about spray, etc.) This is helpful, but it can get annoying if it is used too often in a short period of time.
If someone uses foul language on the server, I believe that should be dealt with in all chat, as it warns other players not to use foul language as well. I also believe sprays can be dealt with in all chat, for the same reason, and finding AFK players.
Although, something can be carried on too much in all chat and then private chat with a certain player should be used. I feel there are some problems that the entire server doesn’t need to know about, and it can possibly get annoying if multiple (or single) admin(s) display the same warning repeatedly or excessively in all chat.
One rule of thumb that I use is:
If it applies to everyone, proceed to use all chat.
If it applies to a single player, proceed to use private chat.
I feel that if someone needs to change their name they should be warned to change their name in private chat. I don’t think the entire server needs to know that (***PLAYER***) should change their name.
If anyone doesn’t know how to use private chat, you can find how to use it here.
or you can use this:
sm_psay PlayerX "This goes only to PlayerX"
or
sm_psay #12 "This also goes only to PlayerX"
I also believe it goes without saying that admins should definitely communicate through admin chat, as it does help very much.
This is my opinion of how problems should be dealt with on the servers. I feel like this would add professionalism to eGO.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another topic, I have see some of the newly recruited members complain about people "hacking" on the servers and starting up fights with pubbers, members should know better than this, please do not openly accuse people of hacking, if you believe someone is hacking, please take a demo of them.
To take a demo:
Hacking is never allowed. If you suspect someone of hacking, without letting them know you suspect them, record a demo. How do you do that?
For Steam based games use this:
Type record filename (example: record Artimus)
Type status. This will give you a list of names and Steam IDs.
Go into game, spectate the suspect in first person.
When you're done, type stop in console.
Your demo will be located in C:\Program Files\Steamsteamapps\*steamaccount*\team fortress 2\tf\
You can post a ban request and send the demo to [email protected]
If someone uses foul language on the server, I believe that should be dealt with in all chat, as it warns other players not to use foul language as well. I also believe sprays can be dealt with in all chat, for the same reason, and finding AFK players.
Although, something can be carried on too much in all chat and then private chat with a certain player should be used. I feel there are some problems that the entire server doesn’t need to know about, and it can possibly get annoying if multiple (or single) admin(s) display the same warning repeatedly or excessively in all chat.
One rule of thumb that I use is:
If it applies to everyone, proceed to use all chat.
If it applies to a single player, proceed to use private chat.
I feel that if someone needs to change their name they should be warned to change their name in private chat. I don’t think the entire server needs to know that (***PLAYER***) should change their name.
If anyone doesn’t know how to use private chat, you can find how to use it here.
or you can use this:
sm_psay PlayerX "This goes only to PlayerX"
or
sm_psay #12 "This also goes only to PlayerX"
I also believe it goes without saying that admins should definitely communicate through admin chat, as it does help very much.
This is my opinion of how problems should be dealt with on the servers. I feel like this would add professionalism to eGO.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another topic, I have see some of the newly recruited members complain about people "hacking" on the servers and starting up fights with pubbers, members should know better than this, please do not openly accuse people of hacking, if you believe someone is hacking, please take a demo of them.
To take a demo:
Hacking is never allowed. If you suspect someone of hacking, without letting them know you suspect them, record a demo. How do you do that?
For Steam based games use this:
Type record filename (example: record Artimus)
Type status. This will give you a list of names and Steam IDs.
Go into game, spectate the suspect in first person.
When you're done, type stop in console.
Your demo will be located in C:\Program Files\Steamsteamapps\*steamaccount*\team fortress 2\tf\
You can post a ban request and send the demo to [email protected]





















