Hey guys, Im back. Recently I had asked for assistance, because suddenly I was capping at 30 fps on eGO servers. I am usually around fifty. I asked for help and you guys provided it, but I seem to not have gotten any relief.
What I am running:
(I used System Requirements Lab analysis for running TF2: Thats the game I play the most, and SRL gave the most detailed descriptiion of my system,)
CPU
Recommended: Pentium 4/Athlon XP or better
You Have: 2 processors running - AMD Turion(tm) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-80 PASS
CPU Speed
Recommended: 3 GHz
You Have: 2.10 GHz Performance Rated at 4.09 GHz PASS
System RAM
Recommended: 1 GB
You Have: 2.0 GB PASS
Operating System
Recommended: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
You Have: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 64-bit (Build Service Pack 16001) PASS
Video Card
Recommended: DirectX 9 compatible video card (NVIDIA GeForce 7900+ / ATI Radeon X1900+)
You Have: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 () PASS
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 256 MB , You have - 1020 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 4.0
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 4.0
Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
Your driver version number is: 7.14.10.567 FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
Sound Card
Recommended: Yes
You Have: Speakers and Dual Headphones (I PASS
Sound Card Driver Version
Your driver version number is: 6.0 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
Free Disk Space
Recommended: 5 GB
You Have: 5.2 GB PASS
This is an HP DV6 (maybe 5? cant remember) Laptop. I bought it nearly a year ago brand new from the website.
My normal ping on eGO servers. 80-100. Hasn't changed much. I have slow internet and live in minnesota.
What you guys suggested was the problem:
CPU usage. (I do have high CPU usage sometimes.)
Virus causing high CPU usage
What I've done to fix things:
Downloaded Gamebooster 1.1
Done multiple virus scans, with different scanners, with no results.
Made sure my battery setting is on high performance (It always is)
TF2 Graphic settings are at suggested settings for my system.
Attempted to mess with Graphic Card settings, but didn;t want to mess things up.
SO what is goin on with my computer? Why can't I join my fellow clanmates in gaming like I used to?
TF2 is still playable, but FPS flickers at 20-30. When I am in kill cam it goes up to 60, then back down to twenty. Sometimes, It drops to 9. Which is the lowest I can go.
Thank you so much for all the help you guys are putting into this. I really appreciate everything!
What I am running:
(I used System Requirements Lab analysis for running TF2: Thats the game I play the most, and SRL gave the most detailed descriptiion of my system,)
CPU
Recommended: Pentium 4/Athlon XP or better
You Have: 2 processors running - AMD Turion(tm) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-80 PASS
CPU Speed
Recommended: 3 GHz
You Have: 2.10 GHz Performance Rated at 4.09 GHz PASS
System RAM
Recommended: 1 GB
You Have: 2.0 GB PASS
Operating System
Recommended: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
You Have: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 64-bit (Build Service Pack 16001) PASS
Video Card
Recommended: DirectX 9 compatible video card (NVIDIA GeForce 7900+ / ATI Radeon X1900+)
You Have: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 () PASS
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 256 MB , You have - 1020 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 4.0
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 3.0 , You have - 4.0
Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
Your driver version number is: 7.14.10.567 FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
Sound Card
Recommended: Yes
You Have: Speakers and Dual Headphones (I PASS
Sound Card Driver Version
Your driver version number is: 6.0 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
Free Disk Space
Recommended: 5 GB
You Have: 5.2 GB PASS
This is an HP DV6 (maybe 5? cant remember) Laptop. I bought it nearly a year ago brand new from the website.
My normal ping on eGO servers. 80-100. Hasn't changed much. I have slow internet and live in minnesota.
What you guys suggested was the problem:
CPU usage. (I do have high CPU usage sometimes.)
Virus causing high CPU usage
What I've done to fix things:
Downloaded Gamebooster 1.1
Done multiple virus scans, with different scanners, with no results.
Made sure my battery setting is on high performance (It always is)
TF2 Graphic settings are at suggested settings for my system.
Attempted to mess with Graphic Card settings, but didn;t want to mess things up.
SO what is goin on with my computer? Why can't I join my fellow clanmates in gaming like I used to?
TF2 is still playable, but FPS flickers at 20-30. When I am in kill cam it goes up to 60, then back down to twenty. Sometimes, It drops to 9. Which is the lowest I can go.
Thank you so much for all the help you guys are putting into this. I really appreciate everything!








