Hat A'hoy!!

m3rryg0r0und

Active Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2008
Messages
297
So today I finally achieved enough metal to craft a heavy hat, and what I got was the Heavy Football Helmet!!!! Not what I was hoping for but now I can finally pretend to be Rocky Balboa correctly!!!
 
Has anyone ever called you Susan? Cause I can start calling you that if you want :P

Lazy Susan would be somewhat appropriate, considering it shares properties with a merry go round (round and spins)
 
Nope, why?

Months of me getting no hats. I reset my stats and within two weeks, I get a hat. Reset them again, wait another week, get a hat. I've reset them a third time day before yesterday. Hopefully I'll have another hat soon.

I'm not the only one who has reset their stats only to find hats. If people tell you different then they are rats. Scouts like to use bats. Hey, look, there are some cats. I'm gonna go work on my lats.
 
Months of me getting no hats. I reset my stats and within two weeks, I get a hat. Reset them again, wait another week, get a hat. I've reset them a third time day before yesterday. Hopefully I'll have another hat soon.

I'm not the only one who has reset their stats only to find hats. If people tell you different then they are rats. Scouts like to use bats. Hey, look, there are some cats. I'm gonna go work on my lats.

1st-stop that annoying rhyming
2nd- what is this "stat resetting"?
 
Months of me getting no hats. I reset my stats and within two weeks, I get a hat. Reset them again, wait another week, get a hat. I've reset them a third time day before yesterday. Hopefully I'll have another hat soon.

I'm not the only one who has reset their stats only to find hats. If people tell you different then they are rats. Scouts like to use bats. Hey, look, there are some cats. I'm gonna go work on my lats.

Pure coincidence, stop giving these people false hope. Stats are not tied to hats, so why would resetting them help? Tell me the science behind your grand discovery.
 
Pure coincidence, stop giving these people false hope. Stats are not tied to hats, so why would resetting them help? Tell me the science behind your grand discovery.

Yeah! Don't question the master!

*holds back laughter*

;)
 
If it were only me who got a hat like that then I wouldn't do it. Three pieces of anecdotal evidence point towards stat reset = hat though.
 
If it were only me who got a hat like that then I wouldn't do it. Three pieces of anecdotal evidence point towards stat reset = hat though.

It's coincidence. When you have a pseudo-random number generator, it happens. And since you can't compare "Not resetting stats" to "resetting stats" in any logical matter with factual basis without defying the fabrics of space and time, it'll continue being coincidence. Just like an opinion. You can have 20 different people say a shirt is ugly, doesn't mean it's a fact. After hats were introduced, I've not reset my stats once. Got nothing for a long time, eventually got 2 hatless hats within a month of each other. Crafted them into a tyrolean, and last month, I got a hat drop every week for 3 weeks. Carmine has like 9274 hats, he didn't reset his stats before getting all of them. As any amount of time passes, the probability of you getting a hat approaches 1. Stats don't affect probability. I can go on but I'm bored so whatever lol.
 
Lazy Susan would be somewhat appropriate, considering it shares properties with a merry go round (round and spins)

I approve of this message. If I call you anything but Lazy Susan from now on, slap me.

Pure coincidence, stop giving these people false hope. Stats are not tied to hats, so why would resetting them help? Tell me the science behind your grand discovery.

It's possible. When a game's had as many changes as TF2, it tends to end up with a few crossed wires.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top