Recent content by ELK

  1. E

    Net CVars Explained

    I DO NOT PLAN ON COMPLETING THIS GUIDE IN ONE SITTING SO EXPECT UPDATES Bandwidth Restrictions The purpose of bandwidth restrictions is to prevent loss. You may lose multiple updates due to loss instead of the server holding back one. rate - client requested bandwidth limit in byte/s size of...
  2. E

    [GUIDE]ELK's quick hitreg fix

    =(eGO)= | DUST2 | NO AWPS/AUTOS | Edgegamers.com I wrote a big thread, but I like my TL;DR more lol. original TL;DR You're choking due to split rate. Use net_splitrate 4 & net_splitpacket_maxrate 800000 You're interp is poorly configured. Use cl_interp_ratio 0 & cl_interp 0.015 or 0.030...
  3. E

    Announcement Hitreg fix

    Make sure your fps is always 64+ Play TTT type "rate", "sv_minrate", & "sv_maxrate" in console then post what the console replies. watch "net_graph 3" when the server is near full or full, and there's a good amount of things going on that use bandwidth (weapons firing, stuff flying around...
  4. E

    Announcement Hitreg fix

    That is excellent! The support has been great. When Typpi, or anyone has an estimate of an optimal rate based on my last post, you could change it! Although right now 198000 isn't a bad guess for 66-tick or 300000 for 100-tick. edit: on 64 player servers Thank you all so much for the support!
  5. E

    Announcement Hitreg fix

    Christy is part of the cs:s team. TTT is cs:go isn't it? You can figure out what the rate should be. cs:go may require different bandwidth. type "cl_updaterate" it should report something similar to this "cl_updaterate" = "66" ( def. "20" ) What you want to know is the default value. cs:s is...
  6. E

    Announcement Hitreg fix

    After you connect to the server you can check the valves of sv_minrate & sv_maxrate. I'm guessing it will probably be a couple days from now to 1 week. Just a guess edit: I just hopped on they already fixed it! Thanks Christy you are the best!
  7. E

    Announcement Hitreg fix

    Mostly =(eGO)= DUST2 | NO AWPS AUTOS | CHICAGO | Edge-Gamers.com 173.234.28.9:27015 But also somtimes =(eGO)= ITALY | NO AWPS AUTOS | CHICAGO | Edge-Gamers.com 173.234.28.10:27015 Having the a high enough rate would apply to all source servers. tf2, cs:s, cs:go, etc
  8. E

    Announcement Hitreg fix

    The default settings for cs:s are rate 30000, cl_updaterate 20, & 32 players. The de_dust2 server uses sv_minrate 15000, sv_maxrate 75000, sv_minupdaterate 33, sv_maxupdaterate 66. Many people change their updaterate to 66, but leave their rate 30000. You may recognize my spray. The servers...
  9. E

    Obvious hacker needs ban

    I recorded a demo of the hacker on the cs:s dust2 server. He headshots everybody while not aiming in their general direction. He is terrible at aiming and uses an outrageous mouse sensitvity. His steam id is U:1:45334117 or http://steamcommunity.com/id/Drunkinfux/ Extract the demo into your...
  10. E

    CSS servers down?

    I hope the the problem being fixed is the cpu being too slow. Server frame rate can be seen on net_graph 4 via "sv:" and with 64 players online it dips down into the 20s. I'd prefer sv_mincmdrate and sv_minupdate rate at 20 instead of 33. unrelated to the server's fps the server needs a...
  11. E

    Inappropriate or disrespectful spray

    I was told to change my spray, but I don't find it inappropriate or disrespectful. It is a picture of a horse's member. *edited* I ride a horse frequently. I have never had anybody come up and complain about my horses member even when there are kids around. If it is ever brought up it is for a...
  12. E

    How the server can fix lag on CSS (player guide too)

    Rate is a bandwidth limit in bytes/s. The DUST2 server uses "sv_maxrate 75000" (75kb/s). It runs great but I have not played with 64 players (max), but I do prefer a server to have ridiculously high rate to completely avoid bandwidth throttling (not sure if this will allow massive bandwidth to...
Back
Top