stats

Joined
Dec 15, 2007
Messages
168
Can a player disable stats? I have become bored with TF2 because i find myself only playing for ranking. I would really love it if i could turn them off. Thanks.:facewall:
 
If you are talking about the point messages that come up in chat after each kill, you can turn those off. I don't remember how exactly, but you can.

If you mean turn stats off completely, I don't think you can turn them off. You can stop looking at them if that helps.
 
Just start playing whatever class you want, messin around and what not. Next thing you know you will be having fun and not worrying about your stats.

Try it, it's fun.
 
Also not having your rank in your sig might help you escape them :P

+1 :)

Yeah, I pretty much stopped caring about stats when one time in 2 Fort as a demo man I got 112 kills and 13 deaths, but -50 ranks and -500 some points :scared:. I just stopped caring at that point :P, now I just have fun with it all :)
 
to turn off the stat messages in game:

y
hlx
9

Follow the prompts from there
 
I think hlx_display 0 also still works? That is easier to bind to a key anyway.
 
Yup, I have hlx_display 0 bound to a mouse key. I forget stats are even on the server after a while! (which is good, because I hate worrying about my kpd!)

It doesn't disable stats, but it stops mentioning them. I don't think there's any way to block yourself out of hlstatsx... It's not only used for recording stats for enjoyment, but it's a very helpful administration tool.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top