More good news! One week later, we moved up 200 ranks in a week. Valve Maps is currently ranked at 994. We are in the triple digits again!![]()
VM is doing excellent now because of quickplay. Let's try and go for the 500 range guys!
More good news! One week later, we moved up 200 ranks in a week. Valve Maps is currently ranked at 994. We are in the triple digits again!![]()
Update/Bump: We're now as of 2/24/12 rank 933; that's almost as high as our highest rank before Valve Maps started plummeting. Keep filling Valve Maps guys!
*Just a note: We're definitely rising, but pretty slowly. We should try and improve Valve Map's rise.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but I do not believe that the server can be on Quickplay if respawn times are changed.Yeah, this is great!
I'm sure we'll be in the 800s by Monday! If we can get to 822 (the highest rank we reached) by next week, that'd be amazing~!
And yes, we must improve the rise!
EDIT:
I was reading through old threads on managing past servers (ex. 24/7 Turbine), and it was mentioned that faster respawn times helped keep the server full. I have also heard several people (clan members and pubs) complain about the respawn time.
Perhaps we should consider a faster respawn time? I'm just not sure how much faster, but probably were we don't have to wait like 20 seconds to respawn again.
Correct me if I am mistaken, but I do not believe that the server can be on Quickplay if respawn times are changed.

Good point. I decided to look it up, and you may be right. It mentions respawntimes as a server tag that will disqualify a server from QuickPlay.
Link: Steam Support - QuickPlay
But then I remembered, our 2Fort server has QuickPlay and it states "Fast Respawn" in the server title. So I'm not sure.
Unless the "Fast Respawn" is false advertisement? I haven't played on any 2Fort server since Valve Maps came back.
2Fort and Foundry indeed have modified respawn time and it's 6 seconds for each team. Having a similar setup on Valve Maps would be a disaster as we have way too many maps to choose from the nomination list. Having the same respawn time for all of them just doesn't fit it. Not all maps are meant to be played with "fast respawn".

Update/Bump: We're about to break through to the 800's range guys. I find myself, more often than not, waiting to join Valve Maps now. Good job everybody.


I wish I could still help fill in the mornings, But now I have to go back to classes. Hope you guys can pick up my slack since my spring break is over. After my exams I will be on so much more often. Sorry guys, dont be hating >.<
Update! We are at 884!
I think a lot of us are still in school in the mornings. (I am.)
And I still got midterms and stuff. Once Spring Break arrives, I'll be on more.
I blame midterms.![]()
We still have that gap in the late night/early morning that goes empty. Could be that.
And other non-eGO servers could just be doing better.
We're at 916 now. We were at 919 yesterday, so we went up by 3. Better then going down, but still. :/
I guess i can take a break from 2fort, it would give me a chance to explore more maps than 2fort and Blackmesa.

I seriously doubt that the little 2-4 hr gap between late night and early morning would make a difference.
Nonetheless, I always keep my options open. Could be a possibility.