Valve Maps's Progress Thread

Should we disable no-crits & no-spread on VM for Quickplay?

  • Yes

    Points: 24 55.8%
  • No

    Points: 19 44.2%

  • Total voters
    43
  • Poll closed .
Valve Maps is at 653, currently our second highest ranked server! (Barely beating Foundry who is at 661.)

This is great, but we gotta help Foundry. Honestly, I don't understand why it's dropping, since it appears to be doing as well as VM.

i can only assume that it's having the same problem that VM used to have. It's not 24/7 full like most of the top servers.
 
i can only assume that it's having the same problem that VM used to have. It's not 24/7 full like most of the top servers.

Well, we'll just have to try harder with Foundry then.
And actually, good news regarding Foundry. It finally went up rather than down. It was at 661, and now it's at 655! (Small, but it's progress.)

Valve Maps continues to do wonderfully with the rank of 625. :D

2Fort continues to drop, but that's not surprising since it was at such a high rank before. Honestly, I'm not sure how it'll be possible to slow down that drop other than having the server up 24/7. But we'll keep doing our best there, too.


Unfortunately, I won't be on this (Wednesday) morning to help jump-start the servers due to a career fair I'm going to attend. (Eeep, I'm nervous.)

For those of you who will be free in the morning (CST), help jump-start the servers! (Wyrm, please don't forget/sleep in late! XD )
 
I will try to remember Kazoo. Setting my alarm for this. Also eating ice cream to make me sleepy so I will not stay up late. Had some work to finish but Im getting off now kazoo. Ill be there tommorrow morning.
 
I will try to remember Kazoo. Setting my alarm for this. Also eating ice cream to make me sleepy so I will not stay up late. Had some work to finish but Im getting off now kazoo. Ill be there tommorrow morning.

Eating ice cream makes you sleepy? Haha, alright then. Good night, and don't worry, any help is appreciated!
 
Well, we'll just have to try harder with Foundry then.
And actually, good news regarding Foundry. It finally went up rather than down. It was at 661, and now it's at 655! (Small, but it's progress.)

Valve Maps continues to do wonderfully with the rank of 625. :D

2Fort continues to drop, but that's not surprising since it was at such a high rank before. Honestly, I'm not sure how it'll be possible to slow down that drop other than having the server up 24/7. But we'll keep doing our best there, too.


Unfortunately, I won't be on this (Wednesday) morning to help jump-start the servers due to a career fair I'm going to attend. (Eeep, I'm nervous.)

For those of you who will be free in the morning (CST), help jump-start the servers! (Wyrm, please don't forget/sleep in late! XD )

2fort is dropping? Damn.

At least Foundry and VM are doing exquisitely well.

Why be nervous for a career fair? (or anything for that matter) My philosophy is to keep a cool head, stop a min, and assess the situation and/or don't lose it. Gets me through life generally well enough.

I'll work on getting up early to seed tomorrow. No promises though. (I'm an awake person. Which means I get really sleepy in the morning.)
 
2fort is dropping? Damn.

At least Foundry and VM are doing exquisitely well.

Why be nervous for a career fair? (or anything for that matter) My philosophy is to keep a cool head, stop a min, and assess the situation and/or don't lose it. Gets me through life generally well enough.

I'll work on getting up early to seed tomorrow. No promises though. (I'm an awake person. Which means I get really sleepy in the morning.)


Goz, where have you been? Since the removal of QuickPlay (when 2Fort was still fast/instant respawn), the server's rank has been dropping horribly. (QuickPlay is back, but we lost the community that loved fast respawn.)
server_rank.php


I'll probably do fine, but until it happens, I'm gonna be nervous. It's my nature... >.<

Okay, even if you don't, I thank you for the attempt/thought. :)
 
Goz, where have you been? Since the removal of QuickPlay (when 2Fort was still fast/instant respawn), the server's rank has been dropping horribly. (QuickPlay is back, but we lost the community that loved fast respawn.)
server_rank.php


I'll probably do fine, but until it happens, I'm gonna be nervous. It's my nature... >.<

Okay, even if you don't, I thank you for the attempt/thought. :)

Oh my...look at that drop. I had thought that with the removal of Quickplay, it'd still be full with all the regulars in there all the time.

Don't worry, you'll do wonderful. (Though I'm really curious as to what you're gonna have to do at a career fair that would make you nervous.)
 
Oh my...look at that drop. I had thought that with the removal of Quickplay, it'd still be full with all the regulars in there all the time.

The issue is that Quickplay hasn't been removed, Fast Respawn was removed to accommodate QP, and that alienated the community that had been populating the server.
 
Oh my...look at that drop. I had thought that with the removal of Quickplay, it'd still be full with all the regulars in there all the time.

Don't worry, you'll do wonderful. (Though I'm really curious as to what you're gonna have to do at a career fair that would make you nervous.)

Some regulars did continue to stay, but it wasn't enough to keep it full 24/7.

What I did was talk to recruiters for companies in hopes of getting an internship. I only talked to three, but I think I did great. :)


The issue is that Quickplay hasn't been removed, Fast Respawn was removed to accommodate QP, and that alienated the community that had been populating the server.

QuickPlay was added because the server's rank was already suffering. They had removed QP and left FR on for a while, but it was clear that the server's rank couldn't be saved.

But let's not discuss this too much. After all, this is Valve Maps' thread.
 
Last edited:
The issue is that Quickplay hasn't been removed, Fast Respawn was removed to accommodate QP, and that alienated the community that had been populating the server.

I was worried about that too. We removed QP for instant respawn, bur 2fort started dropping as a result. We brought back QP in an attempt to save 2fort, but it still dropped because of no instant respawn. The problem here is instant respawn. It was the greatest thing about 2fort because you could die and constantly reenter the meatgrinder that is 2fort. No 24/7 2fort server shouldn't have instant respawn. At the same time though, we need QP so more people can connect to the server.
 
any of those employers respond to u yet Kazoo?

Not yet, I think it's too early. Tons of people were there, and they're probably looking through tons of resumes. >.<


Anyway, Valve Maps is up and near-full now. :)
 
Well I tried to fill the servers early, but that failed. Unfortunately. But still got them filled so thats good.
 
Not yet, I think it's too early. Tons of people were there, and they're probably looking through tons of resumes. >.<


Anyway, Valve Maps is up and near-full now. :)

alright, that's understandable. my sis was looking for an internship at UCI and finally got interviewed after 6 months.

yay for VM.
 
GOOD NEWS!

Valve Maps has reached the 500s with 598!

Thanks everyone! Let's keep this up!
 
Valve maps is on the up scale. You all should be very proud of the work you have done.

Thank you :)
 
Kazoo is the main driving force behind Valve maps IMO. I try to help her whenever I can, but honestly, I think most of valve maps success is her ability to rally us to fill the server, and her constant dedication to idling the servers whenever she cannot play. You kazoo, are awesome :).
Anyway, exams soon, then lots of free time to help you fill servers early kazoo :D
 
Kazoo is the main driving force behind Valve maps IMO. I try to help her whenever I can, but honestly, I think most of valve maps success is her ability to rally us to fill the server, and her constant dedication to idling the servers whenever she cannot play. You kazoo, are awesome :).
Anyway, exams soon, then lots of free time to help you fill servers early kazoo :D

stop overly praising her. there's no need.

or maybe that's just me. (growing up with no more than a pat on the back for congratulations)

still, Kazoo, you are technically the leader (First Lady Queen) behind this project.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top