Valve Maps's Progress Thread

Should we disable no-crits & no-spread on VM for Quickplay?

  • Yes

    Points: 24 55.8%
  • No

    Points: 19 44.2%

  • Total voters
    43
  • Poll closed .
Kazoo is the main driving force behind Valve maps IMO. I try to help her whenever I can, but honestly, I think most of valve maps success is her ability to rally us to fill the server, and her constant dedication to idling the servers whenever she cannot play. You kazoo, are awesome :).
Anyway, exams soon, then lots of free time to help you fill servers early kazoo :D

I think you might be praising me too much, haha. I'm just doing what I can.
Thanks. :)


stop overly praising her. there's no need.

or maybe that's just me. (growing up with no more than a pat on the back for congratulations)

still, Kazoo, you are technically the leader (First Lady Queen) behind this project.

Just doing my best to keep our beloved Valve Maps. :D
 
If we consider the fact that we increased the rank almost 50% of what it used to be, we must be doing a good job.
 
Update: Rank 539 as of right now!

Maybe we can get it to 400 by the end of the week. :D
 
Bump.

We moved up 1 rank in the last few days. Any way to increase the rank faster? I usually see it mostly full almost all the time.
 
Goz, thats because your not on during the early morning, its dead emoty from around 8 am to 11 am. If Kazoo or someone else doesnt try to fill it early it will not start filling till around 1 pm. Then it stays full until around 2-3 am in the morning.
 
Goz, thats because your not on during the early morning, its dead emoty from around 8 am to 11 am. If Kazoo or someone else doesnt try to fill it early it will not start filling till around 1 pm. Then it stays full until around 2-3 am in the morning.

One does not simply play tf2 in the morning...

I wish I could help in the mornings too though. x_x
 
Its just that if we want to improve the server ranking faster like goz wants, we need to keep it filled for longer. That means filling it earlier in the morning. You do fine meep, And your sig scares me now.
 
Yes, the key to increase in rank is to have the server filled longer. That means having the server fill it up early. I have found that the earliest reasonable time is by noon or so (CST).

For some reason, it was hard to get the servers up these past few days. And I was not able to help at all this morning other than by idling. But since I won't be meeting with my group until 2PM or so, I'll try and get on sometime before noon. Hopefully the server will fill up.

EDIT: Oh no! We dropped to rank 545. It isn't too much, fortunately, but darn it, we were on an increasing spree!
 
Last edited:
Its going to be okay kazoo, We are at a point where the only way we can really go up a lot is by having people fill the server early. Even when we had 8 people at 11 am EST. nobody joined for a good hour. We just need to keep the server getting filled every day at around noon and try to keep it full later into the night.
 
Its going to be okay kazoo, We are at a point where the only way we can really go up a lot is by having people fill the server early. Even when we had 8 people at 11 am EST. nobody joined for a good hour. We just need to keep the server getting filled every day at around noon and try to keep it full later into the night.

Yeah, I know it'll be fine. Was just hoping we could get to 400 by the end of the week.

Also, server emptied out for some reason just now.
 
I would play Valve Maps nearly anytime I'm on if it had no crits/spread again (and maybe went on Dustbowl less. >.>). VM was so fun for me before it got crits and stuff. D:

And it goes on Dustbowl like, every other map. ;\
 
We need a Valve Maps team, that would start up the server anytime it's empty.
 
Kazoo tries to start it up whenever she can, I help her when I can also, theres a few other people who are on early in the day, we just need to get all the people who can get on early organized. We have enough people to get it to the point where quick play is supposed to kick in.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top