- Joined
- Jun 13, 2007
- Messages
- 123
Well you heard, a quote from one of the devs for Day of Defeat Source telling us that DoDS will be getting a small update.
Quote:
We still don't have the resources available for a heavy DoD update, but Mugsy is working on an update as I type, including some new features and as much of the low hanging fruit as we can afford to include at this time.
No ETA or changelist as of yet, but due to its relatively small size, hopefully it wont be long.
!amazed
[quote1210212766=BILL CLINTON [S|R]]
FYI, hanging fruit doesn't mean pinapples dangling....
"Yes. PIU's definition of low-hanging fruit = "Easy Fixes". Changing the CoF from a random CoF to a center weighted CoF is easy (in code terms). The hard part, for them, is deciding if that's what they want to do. Most of us old-timers would like to see a return to the center weighted CoF but it does change the game...and it makes the game harder for a new player to get good at (because it makes the rest of us all the better)."
Latest post from Fuzzdad (one of the valve guys I think)
"Nothing new...you guys should know I have this "don't ask and they don't tell" policy w/devs. It gives me plausible deniability (ok history buffs...anyone under 25 know where that came from?) so I can say, with all honesty, "No, Kiff...I don't know when the release is going to be." If I knew the actual release date I would tell you "I can't say". Yea...it's a game of sorts but it's worked for 8 years...so why change anything now?
That said...it has to be close...everything points to a release (TF2 update out, I'm finished w/my map work, Valve testing the build, etc). I hope it's this week or next to be honest...but I just don't really know. And...I agree it's been a long tease. No matter what they do or when they release, we'll get the usual boo birds w/the "It's too late" or "it's not enough" and fair enough...both can be valid from a persons point-of-view but as we've seen in this post...DoDS continues to have hundreds of servers and thousands of active players and it's no closer to "dying" now than it was 7 years ago when I first started seeing the death notices. I have to think it has to be frustrating to both the player who thought the game was dead (and it never died you loser) and to the player who loves the game but wants updates and is incredibly frustrated (love/hate relationship). Kinda funny that way.
Look at it this way...this next release will give everyone something to yak about and maybe we'll get the "DoDS is Dead" guys to come back and argue that the game is dead to them because the color on the German belt buckle isn't the appropriate color or something. Regardless...it'll be enough conversation to keep us going for another few years of speculation."
Check out the post if you want: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619308
[/quote1210212766]
Quote:
We still don't have the resources available for a heavy DoD update, but Mugsy is working on an update as I type, including some new features and as much of the low hanging fruit as we can afford to include at this time.
No ETA or changelist as of yet, but due to its relatively small size, hopefully it wont be long.
!amazed
[quote1210212766=BILL CLINTON [S|R]]
FYI, hanging fruit doesn't mean pinapples dangling....
"Yes. PIU's definition of low-hanging fruit = "Easy Fixes". Changing the CoF from a random CoF to a center weighted CoF is easy (in code terms). The hard part, for them, is deciding if that's what they want to do. Most of us old-timers would like to see a return to the center weighted CoF but it does change the game...and it makes the game harder for a new player to get good at (because it makes the rest of us all the better)."
Latest post from Fuzzdad (one of the valve guys I think)
"Nothing new...you guys should know I have this "don't ask and they don't tell" policy w/devs. It gives me plausible deniability (ok history buffs...anyone under 25 know where that came from?) so I can say, with all honesty, "No, Kiff...I don't know when the release is going to be." If I knew the actual release date I would tell you "I can't say". Yea...it's a game of sorts but it's worked for 8 years...so why change anything now?
That said...it has to be close...everything points to a release (TF2 update out, I'm finished w/my map work, Valve testing the build, etc). I hope it's this week or next to be honest...but I just don't really know. And...I agree it's been a long tease. No matter what they do or when they release, we'll get the usual boo birds w/the "It's too late" or "it's not enough" and fair enough...both can be valid from a persons point-of-view but as we've seen in this post...DoDS continues to have hundreds of servers and thousands of active players and it's no closer to "dying" now than it was 7 years ago when I first started seeing the death notices. I have to think it has to be frustrating to both the player who thought the game was dead (and it never died you loser) and to the player who loves the game but wants updates and is incredibly frustrated (love/hate relationship). Kinda funny that way.
Look at it this way...this next release will give everyone something to yak about and maybe we'll get the "DoDS is Dead" guys to come back and argue that the game is dead to them because the color on the German belt buckle isn't the appropriate color or something. Regardless...it'll be enough conversation to keep us going for another few years of speculation."
Check out the post if you want: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619308
[/quote1210212766]




















