Remove this!

What would you remove if you could?

  • Dead Ringer

    Points: 11 22.0%
  • Mini Sentries

    Points: 14 28.0%
  • Sticky spam

    Points: 10 20.0%
  • Snipers. All of them.

    Points: 15 30.0%

  • Total voters
    50
Pomson. There is literally no counter to it. It only hard counters everything else.
 
I feel that the dead ringer perhaps deserves a nerf, but I don't think it needs to be removed from the game. The idea is sound, but for instance, the fact that you are all but invincible while cloaked is not. If the spy were to take normal damage while cloaked, this would make much more sense. I suspect, though, that the reason this is so if a consequence of lazy coding more than anything, and that it will likely never be changed.
 
I actually think the game is fair, all of the weapons have certain things for certain situations. The dead ringer allows a spy to get into a heavily fortified area [or just all out spam from someone on a dispenser] and lets them take it out in a way that just a normal cloak would not do. Mini sentries let the engineers get out of the monotony of just sitting around and waiting for someone to come die; an attacking engineer doesn't have the time to build up a level 3 sentry and by the time it has been built after being destroyed so many times, the team has moved on. The mini-sentry lets the engineer help his team push with an extra gun. Sticky spam...how would you even go about removing that? Putting an an obscene amount of time before you can detonate? All classes use their secondaries to attack and it could be seen as spam, there is no way around that. The "sticky spam" is very useful in any situation. Snipers; lolwut. The only person I could see wanting this [not even] would be Kazoo, Snipers take out key targets by means of head or body shots. Snipers can help stop pushes and even render a n entire team useless. As for the pompson I see it as a counter to spy. If he keeps rushing at you with the DR change your tactic to use the pompson to get rid of that pesky spy. Use the weapons as they suit the team. It IS called TEAM FORTRESS for a reason.

Edit] The Phlog is, in my opinion, under powered. .You can run in and W+M1 all day but a fully spun up heavy will kill you before your crits does him, And all people need to do is back away from the range of your flame thrower. This weapon inflicts 10% less damage than the stock Flamethrower, and cannot gain random crits or use compression blasts. So it is also weaker than a normal flame thrower. The duration of the buff is 10 seconds, minus the length of the taunt. This means that you have maybe 8 or so seconds of actual use, in which time everyone is attacking you. This weapon is by no means effective at any point in time. Ever.

Tl;dr: Everything is balanced you just have to find out how to use them.

I will be editing this as every weapon comes up to show it's use and why it shouldn't be nerfed.
 
Last edited:
c_drg_phlogistinator_large.67b2e1e713150dbc66f16d00ab579c6e0ea23483.png
 
Sticky spam. I can deal with everything else.
 
Mini sentries, but only because they're nearly impossible to take down as a scout, unless distracted by something else, and they build so incredibly fast that its hard to target engines and deal with them at the same time.

But from an engies perspective, they're very helpful
 
Ill lump all the energy weapons into a category (pomson, cow mangler, etc)... Should lose damage over distance, doesnt.
 
Mini sentries, but only because they're nearly impossible to take down as a scout, unless distracted by something else, and they build so incredibly fast that its hard to target engines and deal with them at the same time.

But from an engies perspective, they're very helpful

I get to shotgun everyone who get's distracted with that sentry.

With a pomson. And I love it.
 
I feel that the dead ringer perhaps deserves a nerf, but I don't think it needs to be removed from the game. The idea is sound, but for instance, the fact that you are all but invincible while cloaked is not. If the spy were to take normal damage while cloaked, this would make much more sense. I suspect, though, that the reason this is so if a consequence of lazy coding more than anything, and that it will likely never be changed.

I feel that the Uber Charge perhaps deserves a nerf, but I don't think it needs to be removed from the game. The idea is sound, but for instance, the fact that you are all but invincible is not. If the Medic were to take normal damage while Uber Charged, this would make much more sense. I suspect, though, that the reason this is so if a consequence of lazy coding more than anything, and that it will likely never be changed.









I guess I should also add that I love DR to bits.
 
None, really.

All these are strong, but if you know how to counter them they're really no problem at all.

DR- Fake their death, then run to the nearest ammo pack or where you think they will run to hide. Almost always works.

Mini- eliminate them before they do anything.

Sticky Spam- I don't even understand why this is on there.

Snipers- half the snipers in this game think you can noscope with a machina. I think you're good.
 
Nothing, except punks...and we get to remove those at our discretion.
 
Though it has always irked me that two backstabs to a Dead ringered spy wont kill it because of the half-life effect ;(
 
Everything. No updates ever. No hats.

umad?
 
Back
Top