Remove this!

What would you remove if you could?

  • Dead Ringer

    Points: 11 22.0%
  • Mini Sentries

    Points: 14 28.0%
  • Sticky spam

    Points: 10 20.0%
  • Snipers. All of them.

    Points: 15 30.0%

  • Total voters
    50
I wouldn't remove anything. There is a reason the game is popular like it is.
 
DR's disadvantage is that ammo packs give you something like half as much cloak time than with IW, and decloaking is super loud. I think the damage reduction compensates for the spy's status as the overall weakest class (low health, low firepower, medium speed). It's not hard to kill a (mediocre) DR spy if you know how to play DR spy, especially as pyro, even with the damage reduction. It's basically a joke how easy it is to kill spies as pyro. Anyway, the advantage of DR is that you can use the other things in this poll (sticky spam, minis, snipers, etc) to get behind enemy lines, which can be very useful particularly in pubs and spammy maps like goldrush. It also makes the spy a much more dynamic class than the usual routine of: cloak, disguise, sneak behind/above enemy, decloak, stab, because with the DR you have to rely on acting skills a lot more. I do admit the DR + spycicle combo is quite powerful, though, if you stay away from the pyro. People have complained to me about it multiple times in lobbys/pugs.
 
Last edited:
idk, i think i'd probs go dead ringer from those but i really have nothing against any of them.
 
I vote for the non-listed but incredibly powerful wrangler shield. Not the controlling ability, but the overall strength of the shield it provides. Grrrr.
 
Why would you monsters put Snipers in there?

Well,
A good huntsman shot kills a mini sentry
Avoid stickies at all costs
A good huntsman shot kills a Sniper
Jarate > DR
 
DR isn't OP. You just don't know how to kill DR spies.

If the DR was OP it wouldn't be allowed in competitive game play. Like strabes said... It's pretty easy to kill DR spies. If it were hard, then it wouldn't be allowed in TF2. (I'm also saying this as a competitive player)
 
DR isn't OP. You just don't know how to kill DR spies.

If the DR was OP it wouldn't be allowed in competitive game play. Like strabes said... It's pretty easy to kill DR spies. If it were hard, then it wouldn't be allowed in TF2. (I'm also saying this as a competitive player)

Trust me, I know how to kill dead ringer spies, so many pubs use it that it would be ridiculous if I didn't. I even used to play dead ringer spy a lot before I switched to invis watch, and shortly after, medic. It's just frustrating to spend time chasing a spy, hitting him the whole time, just for him to go into spawn and safely decloak next to resupply and just do it again. I don't care if it's op or not, it really isn't, it just doesn't seem right to me.
 
Dead ringer is hardly a problem; just know that the spy you 'killed' will try to backstab you in about 10 seconds. Just carry on and then turn around after the appropriate amount of time and shoot anyone suspicious. I don't know why people think it's OP.
 
DR is pretty OP. When there are three sources of metal in different directions nearby, you can't know which one they are going to and if you throw in their own teammates to run back to they can have 4 different exits to go to. When you've legitimately killed someone with a backstab/crit/explosion, because they are an obvious spy, they shouldn't have a get out of Jail free invuln ability that also makes them invisible. I've "killed" the same spy 3 times before they finally got their backstab. That's not a test of skill, strategy or ability. There are a dozen other players on the other team, forcing me to kill one of them 4 times is OP.

Snipers can be very, very annoying but my hat's off to them. I can't aim well enough to play decently. Kudos to those who can.

Sticky spam can be countered by good spies or counter-demos. I usually find if I'm getting rolled by another team with sticky spam that it's because of a lack of skilled players on my own team or an unwillingness for others to go medic/demo.

Mini sentries are so easy to kill and I know because I use them all the time but I put them on the poll because I hear a lot of people upset about them. Mostly pyros and scouts. And it does limit what those classes can do. Thank heavens! A good scout can wreak havoc on another team and their needs to be a counter.

But really this poll wasn't about who's OP and who's not, just what annoys you the most. Seems pretty even. Rock hates paper, paper hates scissors, etc. :P
 
DR is pretty OP. When there are three sources of metal in different directions nearby, you can't know which one they are going to and if you throw in their own teammates to run back to they can have 4 different exits to go to. When you've legitimately killed someone with a backstab/crit/explosion, because they are an obvious spy, they shouldn't have a get out of Jail free invuln ability that also makes them invisible. I've "killed" the same spy 3 times before they finally got their backstab. That's not a test of skill, strategy or ability. There are a dozen other players on the other team, forcing me to kill one of them 4 times is OP.


There has to be some skill involved for the Spy. Did they fail to stab you 3 times or did you notice them 3 times before dying the 4th time? A good Spy knows when to run away and when to go for stabs.

Also even with 3 metal sources nearby I generally opt to go past them for a further one just to throw people off. When you learn to play mindgames with people that's when being a Spy really starts to shine. And really annoy whoever happens to get in your way.

DR is far from being OP. It's really annoying when used correctly, but playing DR Spy myself I've learned to deal with the accordingly either by hunting them down or waiting them to come back a bit later.


Sorry btw. I felt I needed to ramble. :P
 
I think being able to go invisible is enough. Giving them the ability to be invisible and invulnerable long enough to get back to safety after they've been caught is OP. If you can sneak up behind me and get the stab more power to you, but if I catch you and "kill" you 3 times and you still have another chance, that's OP. Even a bad spy will eventually get the stab if you give them enough chances.
 
If anything's OP, it's the scout.

Maybe it's just because I can't play scout.
 
But if sticky spam gets removed then how am I going to get kills?

250px-Grenade_IMG.png


^ This thing
 

Latest posts

Back
Top