Do not click on the link

Joined
Feb 2, 2014
Messages
133
Ok, well, my account may have gotten phished and it's probably sending all of you some links. DO NOT CLICK ON THEM. They'll get your account too. Just go ahead, don't click on the link I send you, and report my account for getting hijacked.
 
I'm sorry your account got hijacked. Best of luck to get it back!


Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk. Cruddy autocorrect will make mistakes.
 
Benuc who did you piss off so bad that they would want to hack into your account....and it amazes me how many people on line get hacked, its been over 20 years since i've been hacked and thats when I didnt run on a router....
 
Benuc who did you piss off so bad that they would want to hack into your account....and it amazes me how many people on line get hacked, its been over 20 years since i've been hacked and thats when I didnt run on a router....
It's not someone looking for you, it's mass scam to get your money.

I got phished once too. Good luck.
 
Benuc who did you piss off so bad that they would want to hack into your account....and it amazes me how many people on line get hacked, its been over 20 years since i've been hacked and thats when I didnt run on a router....

Phishing bots filter through sites like tf2outpost for items such as Unusual Hats for sale, add the account, send them a message like "Hey, my friend wants to buy your hat. Their steam is laggy though, add them here:" and they'll put in something like a "streamcommunity" or "steanncommunity" link. It'll be identical to the Steam website, but it'll show that the victim is not logged in. Victim then types in their user and password to log-in, and boom, some stranger now knows the password and username of an account with rare items on it.

I'm sorry for your loss, benuc. Steam will deal with them, though, I've reported dozens of phishers and they've all been banned from Steam.
 
Also, I would contact Steam so that they can restore your account and items. Go to Steam support and tell 'em. Good luck! c;
 

Latest posts

Back
Top