Existing Feature Server Specific Awards

sopheyy

<3
Joined
Nov 23, 2010
Messages
1,957
As of right now, we have a "Jail Admin School" award which I believe is given upon training for Jailbreak. I have a proposition to add more awards for the servers or games that have their own rulebook outside of our Code of Conduct.

These servers/games are:
  • Jailbreak (already exists)
  • TTT
  • GTA
  • Minecraft
  • Discord
  • Possibly more?

On top of that, I would like to propose a change to when the award is handed out. I do not believe the award should be given upon training, I believe it should be given when becoming an expert in that specific field and exceeding at admining it.
 
Upvote 5
I say remove the Jail Admin Award. It’s not like there’s TTT/JB specific training anyways.

I personally figured the Admin School and Advanced Admin School awards were more so awards for getting promoted to =(eG)= and =(eGO)= respectively.
 
Last edited:
It’s not like there’s TTT/JB specific training anyways.
Back when I was trained we were asked if we wanted to stay for the JB Server Training, but there wasn't one for TTT.
 
1. TTT gets their own award for being trained to admin a server that has its own set of complex rules similar to how jailbreak has its own set of extensive rules. Compared to most other servers that just enforce the code of conduct

2. Merge the jb and ttt award. People usually don’t like those because they main one server because they are cringe af.

The 2 options I see best fit because the ttt admins, or shall i say the lack thereof, ttt admins want some love.
 
Many moons ago in 1746 when I headed the CS AT program, those awards were usually used as an incentive to take admin training. This drastically cut back on having to chase people down to be admin trained, or them "forgetting admin training" and having to revoke their privileges until they take the classe. It helped out with nuisance calls. I'm no longer an admin or a Leadership member, so I don't know if the process for doing that is now automated with MAUL (2? 3?).

Additionally, a lot of the times, since JAT was so scarce, we used to ask if anyone wanted to take the JAT after AAT randomly.
 
Last edited:
Many moons ago in 1746 when I headed the CS AT program, those awards were usually used as an incentive to take admin training. This drastically cut back on having to chase people down to be admin trained, or them "forgetting admin training" and having to revoke their privileges until they take the classe. It helped out with nuisance calls. I'm no longer an admin or a Leadership member, so I don't know if the process for doing that is now automated with MAUL (2? 3?).

Additionally, a lot of the times, since JAT was so scarce, we used to ask if anyone wanted to take the JAT after AAT randomly.
The good ol' days back in 1746 indeed.

Mostly we don't have to "chase people down" to get their training done, because it's common knowledge that you will lose your privileges if you don't get your training. It could be a good idea to rename those awards to "Jr. Admin" and "Admin" (similar to leadership). kuantum kuantum hi

About the jailbreak training - I always ask people if they intend on admining on either jailbreak or TTT, and I train accordingly. I do not believe getting trained for the server you play on is enough incentive to give an award - but I do believe that giving someone an award for exceeding at admining certain servers could be very relevant and rewarding.

1. TTT gets their own award for being trained to admin a server that has its own set of complex rules similar to how jailbreak has its own set of extensive rules. Compared to most other servers that just enforce the code of conduct

2. Merge the jb and ttt award. People usually don’t like those because they main one server because they are cringe af.

The 2 options I see best fit because the ttt admins, or shall i say the lack thereof, ttt admins want some love.
I think this goes beyond Jailbreak and TTT and it could be a good way to dive into giving server-specific awards to other servers and games as well. Merging the two awards could be a solution for CS, but I know a lot of players are very proud to be a TTT or JB main, and being able to blast that to the world on the forums could be highly motivating for those individuals.
 
Last edited:
It could be a good idea to rename those awards to "Jr. Admin" and "Admin" (similar to leadership). @kuantum hi
she uses my ideas as an example and says "could be a good idea" instead "it's a great idea", peasant
 
Yes to more awards! I believe the incentive these can give sometimes, can be beneficial to the servers so why not?!
 
ttt is just full rdm so its always the same case.

Hmm. Me and you have different experiences.

When I play it, I usually just talk shit because I suck and people don’t typically get offended, but I never get rdm’d
 
+1 this suggestion, also you forgot TF2...
As of right now, we have a "Jail Admin School" award which I believe is given upon training for Jailbreak. I have a proposition to add more awards for the servers or games that have their own rulebook outside of our Code of Conduct.

These servers/games are:
  • Jailbreak (already exists)
  • TTT
  • GTA
  • Minecraft
  • Discord
  • Possibly more?

On top of that, I would like to propose a change to when the award is handed out. I do not believe the award should be given upon training, I believe it should be given when becoming an expert in that specific field and exceeding at admining it.
 
I'm unaware of how many games/servers have their own rule book outside of Code of Conduct/Unified guidelines. If TF2 has that, then hell ya!
Wait, umm I mean if that's the case. Discord isn't really its own rule book. But the others for sure.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top