I could use some guidance

midget31394

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jun 14, 2008
Messages
1,654
Hey everyone, I want to make a map as good as some out there. Ive got alot of websites and have looked through the stickys but I wondered if any of you guys have tips for a first timer. Anything you recommend doing? Anything you think I should avoid? Anything really would help me.
 
the last post by me on the tutorial sticky is a great tutorial for beginners
 
So I have started my map, but have run into a couple a problems.

1) It wont test, I can't use it ingame.*
2) I want to incorporate water but I'm not sure the way to go about it. **
3) Im not sure what map type to make it (Either ctf or cp)

*I don't know why this wont work, it just wont :(

**Me and medic hunter had the idea of submerging the map completely in water, but I have figured out since it would be virtually impossible and would cause major lag. So I was thinking of an "underground" water system, like 2fort's sewer system but larger and full of water, with breathing spaces and "buildings" to fight in. My map name is going to be "waterworks" and I want it to do with a water plant or something like that.

Any help would be appreciated :) thanks.
 
Oh, I forgot if you wanna have a look to see if I have done anything wwrong to prevent it from loading here is the map attached in a zip.

EDIT: Updated map in zipped folder.

Ive now added the cps and set them and stuff, but I got confused with the team_control_point_master I want it like so the teams have to capture all 4 points.
 
Last edited:
You actually can have *bad* quality water flood the map, but it will just raise up, so don't expect anything live waves. We don't got that on our engine v_v
 
I like it. It's good for a first time mapper. Need a bit more use of textures. Maybe a bit more cover (walls, buildings, etc.). Other than that its awsome. PM me if you want to learn how to make a pool (or other things)

Pickles
 

Latest posts

Back
Top