m14

Yeah there are modifications you can use to make some rifles act full-auto, but unless you're in the military or the police forces, you can't buy a ful-auto weapon here in America. It's been that way since the 20's. You can however buy a Barret 50 cal sniper rifle here in America now that the assault weapons ban has been lifted. I saw two at a gunshow about three weeks ago here in Florida.
 
Actually, all you need is the correct license, and you CAN purchase full auto here in the States. It is referred to as a Class 3 Firearms License. Costs a lot, but if you really feel that full auto is needed, (I personally hate full auto, but that is a personal choice...) you can apply for it.
 
Huh, never heard that one. Seems a little ridiculous to me but I haven't heard of any criminals that legally owned automatic weapons.
 
Phew. I was like "they do take their 2nd Amendment seriously..."

For reference, that is either a M14 replica or Mini-14 replica. You can purchase a real Mini-14 without much hassle in the US. For reference, a Google shopping search that shows prices ranging anywhere from $500 - $700. M14s are a little harder to come by (a quick google shopping search showed more replica paint/airsoft guns), but they can be purchased over here too.

For that matter, AK-47s, AR-15s (civillian version of M16), and just about any other weapon can be purchased in America in some version or another. And, as somebody's pointed out, with the right license, you can purchase full auto weapons. Obviously, you probably won't be hunting with one, but they are good fun to shoot at the range. :D

Huh, never heard that one. Seems a little ridiculous to me but I haven't heard of any criminals that legally owned automatic weapons.

You have to undergo a pretty extensive background check in order to obtain the license. Additionally, it costs a good bit of money to maintain the license every year. It's not worth it for the vast majority of people, so really only dealers and the hard core enthusiasts are the ones with the licenses.

Understandably, the criminals don't give a rats arse about licensing and usually obtain the rifles illegally. Really, if he tries hard enough, a criminal can probably get his hands on just about anything illegal, though.
 
This is interesting... might have to check this out. The store a block from me sells lots of these types of "guns" so there's probably some organized activities around here for that. I knew about paint guns but didn't realize you could also play games with air guns.[/QUOT


try google I live in Illinois and I found a ton of sites with events here


and the ongoing battle between paintball and airsoft :rolleyes:

here is my analogy

paintball=CSS
air soft=Ins

paintball captures the very fast paced action of css with out being realistic
while airsoft might be a little slower but is a lot more realistic


if you mean speedball when you mean paintball, then yes, it does get unrealistic compared to woodsball or scenario. Otherwise I would say you can directly compare paintball to airsoft in terms of realism.
 
I have a nephew who is totally wound up in this sub-culture. I personally think it isn't as sporty as the use of SIMUNITIONS but then again you can't use those unless you are in law enforcement... but it does beat the pants off of both paintball and airsoft.

As far as automatic weapons go, it's pretty well been summed up already. If you have a clean background and the balance to the national debt in your bank account, you can get a permit for just about everything. It is indeed an FFL Level 3 License and a permit has to be requested and purchased for EACH weapon.

This has turned into a control method via revenue generation. They make money off of it. Kinda like speed cameras!
 
what brand is that gun i use echo 1 airsoft guns and i got a L85 assult rifle and a L96 gas sniper
 
I personally think it isn't as sporty as the use of SIMUNITIONS but then again you can't use those unless you are in law enforcement... but it does beat the pants off of both paintball and airsoft.
!

I had not seen those before, that looks sick!
 
what brand is that gun i use echo 1 airsoft guns and i got a L85 assult rifle and a L96 gas sniper

its tecnicaly a UTG m14 but the internals have been compleatly re-vamped its fps is right on the dot of 400

and the question of weather or not paint ball is realistic to me its this

http://skinnymoose.com/sidspaintball/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/akx7.jpg

(wich is the most realistic paintball gun ive seen)

versus this

http://members.lycos.nl/airsoft/hpbimg/airsoft gun 2.jpg

now if you are talking about paintball that fires 6mm paint projectiles those are really air soft guns I wouldn't recommend using those because they jam and and totally gum up the internals
 
if you mean speedball when you mean paintball, then yes, it does get unrealistic compared to woodsball or scenario. Otherwise I would say you can directly compare paintball to airsoft in terms of realism.

I'm inclined to agree. While the paint guns themselves may not look realistic and the guns do have their own firing characteristics, in woodsball or scenario games the tactics are generally quite the same. I never got into speedball much, but the field around here used to hold some good multi-hour scenario games. They were a lot of fun.
 
ok, yes woods ball tactic are generally the same as air soft tactics but when most people say paintball they think of speed ball and people in brightly colored race car driver's clothing but at least for me I enjoy airsoft more because of the realism
 
Oh. The military also uses the "simunitions". We call them UT rounds. "Ultimate Training". It is a way to give the feel of bullets being fired at you, while maintaining a safe environment. Wish they would have had them 15 years ago...
 
Yeah, i posted a link to em Paper. And we did have them in 1995.

This is what I have my AimPoint on.
swat_44a.jpg


Notice... this is not Air... nor is it Soft.
 
Last edited:
Reliable, Accurate and Intimidating. And its NOT AIRSOFT :P Hence the HOT live ammo on the left.
 
Yeah a big revolver like that is a lot of fun. I just wish I had the money to shoot something like that regularly.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top