A cool idea...maybe, maybe not. (sticking up for the "e"s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like we have said before, although it would be nice to have custom models, skins, etc. It's just not probable due to the fact that it just increases the load of how much needs to be downloaded. Although it may not seem like a lot to download, you have to think of it in this perspective:

Custom Maps: 50 lbs.
Rules and Settings: 10 lbs.
MOTD: 3 lbs.
MAUL: 7 lbs.
HLXStats: 20 lbs.
FBG: 20 lbs.

That's 110 lbs. to carry from point A point B.

Add models which would be a good 40 lbs. and you get 150 lbs.

Now imagine you weak.
 
Custom models barely take anything at all. It would be a great addition. If you want to check your download speed on models, join the NS Office or DM server. There are VIP models. They are pretty detailed. I know when I've joined servers with custom models, I've got everything in less than a minute. My download speed is also only a mere 3mbp/s. (Crappy DSL, I know)
 
That would be a cool idea to get models but it won't happen simply because it's another download players need to use to get into our servers
 
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!


Too much work, and it's useless, we have tags we don't need skins.

Ok, really. Some of you are taking this way out of hand. It was just a simple idea. You act like I'm forcing this on you. I wanted to get a response and see what people thought. I feel like I am being criticized for just thinking.
 
Last edited:
Obviously it would be cool if we could have custom models, it would act as a perk to get more people to join the eGO. But i don't feel like it would impact rulebreaking at all, afterall people know you have no admin powers because you're an e; having a custom model won't change that.

We aren't just e's; we're choosing to take part in a community and we care enough about the game experience and specifically our servers that we try to enforce the rules even if we aren't admins.

I'm not saying it would stop rule breaking. Really I put two topics in one post which I now realize I probably shouldn't have. What I meant by this was to just maybe add a different dimension to our gaming experience. Make us seem like we really are into our games and there is a benefit to being a member other than potentially being an admin one day. Just for fun I thought. I guess fun and performance can't mix.
 
Ok, really. Some of you are taking this way out of hand. It was just a simple idea. You act like I'm forcing this on you. I wanted to get a response and see what people thought. I feel like I am being criticized for just thinking.

We are not criticizing you for thinking, although it may seem like it. Personally I thought it was a cool idea, don't know what it would take to implement though I just fix'em n build'em not program'em. :laugh:
 
I agree. It would be cool. But the textures would have to be manually done. And they have to make all the e's, eG's and eGO's different uniforms and they have to distribute all of them out. we have thousands of ppl in here and that can take awhile
 
I like this idea, I've been on some surf server and their clan has their tag on the back of the Player models.. But on the other hand their pointless lol.
 
Like we have said before, although it would be nice to have custom models, skins, etc. It's just not probable due to the fact that it just increases the load of how much needs to be downloaded. Although it may not seem like a lot to download, you have to think of it in this perspective:

Custom Maps: 50 lbs.
Rules and Settings: 10 lbs.
MOTD: 3 lbs.
MAUL: 7 lbs.
HLXStats: 20 lbs.
FBG: 20 lbs.

That's 110 lbs. to carry from point A point B.

Add models which would be a good 40 lbs. and you get 150 lbs.

Now imagine you weak.

Wouldn't it be just a 1 time download and the models will always be there? I guess it would suck for a first timer to our server but if they are playing a custom map they are already going to have to download. Maybe if we just tested on jail server. That's what I play mostly anyways since I lack skill to play on a real server. I was just thinking of a way to be a little more distinct and fun.
 
Well if we do get special characters, I could create them as I have been modeling for quite a long time? They would make it seem alot more cooler to be part of our clan. But I dont know if I agree or disagree with your statement about e's not being part of the clan. I mostly play on eGO servers because its fun, the people are nice, and everyone has a great time. I dont really care if im e, eG, or eGO but as long as im having fun and everyone else is having fun then ill be happy to be a part of the edge gamers organization.
 
Last edited:
I'm not going to lie and say that this isn't a pretty neat idea because it is. I've thought of this before, so has many other members, so this isn't a new idea, but the way you approached it was a little different. How about, instead of saying no, we say maybe. let Light-Hunter work on models, we can get then skinned and we will test them out as custom models/skins on our Client instead of Server. If that doesn't make sense, then I'll go into more depth if I have to.
 
light hunder i agree with teh part about what status you are, at the end of the day guys no matter what rank you are in teh community you have a say and there are not many communitys like that. And yes if you wanna work your way up place ideas down etc.

But at the end of the day remember this is a game and im sure you all have a real life so just chill have a laugh and if you get a promo be like yeh man i got a promo but just cos ur a "e" dont mean ur not noticed.
 
woha hold on thier e's are just as much aprat of our community as anyone else i dissagree with you when you say e's dont mean anything wihtout e's we would not strive like we do here being an e does not mean your just another e it means ur apart of a community that matters. e's are just people who are training to become an admin by watching eG's and eGO's just because your an e doesnt mean you arent noticed

i very much agree with you
 
It would be cool to have SOME special avatar's but not a lot because some people HATE waiting for downloads.

Poledena is totally right "eGO Could not live without e's, so every e is not "just another e". He (or she) is one step closer to eGO's gaming domination!".
 
Actually, a custom skin would be a quick download if its only the skin, without any custom model or other mapping. However, I'm opposed to this idea. Nobody should be held higher than any other person, even if they are in the organization. Even admins should be doing their thing in the background. You're just going to get people who think that they're better than everyone, which is happening too much already. Plus, you might as well be wearing a giant bullseye on your face.

I think people should join the org in order to better the community, not for some special door prize.
 
i dont like the idea either you can create your own skin but it would be soo much work for somthing so minor the DL would take to long so sorry dont agree
 
hmmmm this is true, i agree, even though we are in the clan we shouldn't be held higher than the pubs. Well theres only one person who can solve this debate... JohnT (Cause hes like the only one who can put this ingame) we need his permission.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top