Can we please stop posting seperate threads about this? There IS sticky for it you know..
http://edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=66273
That thread doesn't refer to a specific scam that's going around right now. It's just a general warning.
Can we please stop posting seperate threads about this? There IS sticky for it you know..
http://edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=66273
Not always. You have to be able to prove that the account belongs to you. Some people may not be able to do that (never bought anything retail so no CD keys, don't have the credit card you used to purchase the games, maybe used a disposable credit card, etc). If you can't prove somehow that the account belongs to you, then you won't necessarily get it back.
eathmatch, which I got for free. I was able to get it back without a CD key...all I did was submit a ticket saying I didn't have a key and they reset my password.I've had my account hijacked once. The only game I had on my account was HL2eathmatch, which I got for free. I was able to get it back without a CD key...all I did was submit a ticket saying I didn't have a key and they reset my password.
M on your account. It wouldn't of been a big deal to have it reset because its a free game (No offense). compared to some players who have 15 or more games on their account, Id think Valve would want more info (CD Keys, Original PW, etc)I've had my account hijacked once. The only game I had on my account was HL2eathmatch, which I got for free. I was able to get it back without a CD key...all I did was submit a ticket saying I didn't have a key and they reset my password.
M on it. This one of the cases where the "then you won't necessarily get it back." doesn't apply. If all I had to do was provide a little information about someone and I could have their account without too much trouble, then people would just be contacting steam left and right to take others accounts.
(As Beta so kindly pointed out, it wouldn't be much of a loss to anyone to lose an account with HL2M on it. This one of the cases where the "then you won't necessarily get it back." doesn't apply. If all I had to do was provide a little information about someone and I could have their account without too much trouble, then people would just be contacting steam left and right to take others accounts.
Regardless, I know I would be pretty upset if I ever got hijacked and then contacted steam and they wouldn't require me to give them any info about my account that only I would know. Considering that I've spent a decent pocket of change on my account, I would basically want them to interrogate me for me to have my account back. And that would be fine with me.
Thanks for doing that. I had pmed Iceman, just decided to pm the first advisor/ DL I see on the forums. I'll let you guys know when my acccount is restored.Vandall, I banned your account from our servers just to be on the safe side. When you get your account back, PM myself or any of the other TF2 leaders, and we'll get it reinstated.
A note to anyone else: If you are an eG or eGO and your account gets stolen, please let us know. The last thing we want is someone getting on our servers with admin powers and causing a huge headache.

Just for giggles i have entered about 500 false user names and passwords to the link that was sent to me....
most of which were VERY colorful.. and in two different language...

Just for giggles i have entered about 500 false user names and passwords to the link that was sent to me....
most of which were VERY colorful.. and in two different languages...
Hey guys. Just thought I'd let you know there's a scam going around asking people to join a steam group. I lost my account to it and have to report it to leadership.
Don't click any links I might send you.