Scam

Those scams are pointless. Every Steam account can be restored through Steam Support.
 
Not always. You have to be able to prove that the account belongs to you. Some people may not be able to do that (never bought anything retail so no CD keys, don't have the credit card you used to purchase the games, maybe used a disposable credit card, etc). If you can't prove somehow that the account belongs to you, then you won't necessarily get it back.
 
Not always. You have to be able to prove that the account belongs to you. Some people may not be able to do that (never bought anything retail so no CD keys, don't have the credit card you used to purchase the games, maybe used a disposable credit card, etc). If you can't prove somehow that the account belongs to you, then you won't necessarily get it back.

I've had my account hijacked once. The only game I had on my account was HL2:Deathmatch, which I got for free. I was able to get it back without a CD key...all I did was submit a ticket saying I didn't have a key and they reset my password.
 
in my 4 years with steam ive only had 1 pretty pathetic scam . overall i haven't had this happen . it seems to be getting worse with accounts being stolen . good luck at getting them back .
 
I've had my account hijacked once. The only game I had on my account was HL2:Deathmatch, which I got for free. I was able to get it back without a CD key...all I did was submit a ticket saying I didn't have a key and they reset my password.

You only had HL2:DM on your account. It wouldn't of been a big deal to have it reset because its a free game (No offense). compared to some players who have 15 or more games on their account, Id think Valve would want more info (CD Keys, Original PW, etc)
 
I'm still a little let down they don't work on the weekend and I guess I'm one of thoes people that have like 28 games but I only have keys for two of them I hope that they still give my account back.
 
I've had my account hijacked once. The only game I had on my account was HL2:Deathmatch, which I got for free. I was able to get it back without a CD key...all I did was submit a ticket saying I didn't have a key and they reset my password.

As Beta so kindly pointed out, it wouldn't be much of a loss to anyone to lose an account with HL2:DM on it. This one of the cases where the "then you won't necessarily get it back." doesn't apply. If all I had to do was provide a little information about someone and I could have their account without too much trouble, then people would just be contacting steam left and right to take others accounts.

Regardless, I know I would be pretty upset if I ever got hijacked and then contacted steam and they wouldn't require me to give them any info about my account that only I would know. Considering that I've spent a decent pocket of change on my account, I would basically want them to interrogate me for me to have my account back. And that would be fine with me.
 
I LOVE SPAM!

oh wait scam? n/m thats not good :((
a rule of thumb i typically use is: I NEVER ENTER MY LOGIN INFORMATION! what i do is open whatever type of site it is (steampowered, yahoo, google, whatever) myself and login. then go back to the other page and hit refresh... that way incase i'm unable to detect a "phishing" address i will still get in if its legit, and it won't work if its not.
 
As Beta so kindly pointed out, it wouldn't be much of a loss to anyone to lose an account with HL2:DM on it. This one of the cases where the "then you won't necessarily get it back." doesn't apply. If all I had to do was provide a little information about someone and I could have their account without too much trouble, then people would just be contacting steam left and right to take others accounts.

Regardless, I know I would be pretty upset if I ever got hijacked and then contacted steam and they wouldn't require me to give them any info about my account that only I would know. Considering that I've spent a decent pocket of change on my account, I would basically want them to interrogate me for me to have my account back. And that would be fine with me.

I agree with that . I still have my L4D CD key , orange box cd key and the key for unreal tournament 3 (i got from steam ) . but im sure they would want more because of my 50 games on my account .
 
Vandall, I banned your account from our servers just to be on the safe side. When you get your account back, PM myself or any of the other TF2 leaders, and we'll get it reinstated.

A note to anyone else: If you are an eG or eGO and your account gets stolen, please let us know. The last thing we want is someone getting on our servers with admin powers and causing a huge headache.
Thanks for doing that. I had pmed Iceman, just decided to pm the first advisor/ DL I see on the forums. I'll let you guys know when my acccount is restored. :)
 
That sucks, Vandall. Hope you get your account back. Mbeaty apparently sent me that same link yet I don't have him on my friends list, through chat invite. Like all links, I ignore them. I'm also glad you got your account back, TP.

Godspeed Vandall.
 
Kk, so i annoyed the Scammer of Meatwad. :)

Never tell your password to anyone.
=(eGO)=™Meatwad77: Enter my community plz?
Link to a bad community
=(eGO)=™.:Cake:.: Hey meatwad i would like to join your community gimme link please
=(eGO)=™Meatwad77: link
=(eGO)=™.:Cake:.: Uhh sorry repeat computer crashed
=(eGO)=™Meatwad77 is now Offline.
 
Just for giggles i have entered about 500 false user names and passwords to the link that was sent to me....

most of which were VERY colorful.. and in two different languages...
 
Last edited:
Just for giggles i have entered about 500 false user names and passwords to the link that was sent to me....

most of which were VERY colorful.. and in two different language...


loool. New mission, lets annoy these guys :)
 
Just for giggles i have entered about 500 false user names and passwords to the link that was sent to me....

most of which were VERY colorful.. and in two different languages...

Bloody brilliant. You're my hero.:blushing:
 
Hey guys. Just thought I'd let you know there's a scam going around asking people to join a steam group. I lost my account to it and have to report it to leadership.

Don't click any links I might send you.

Thanks for the heads up. Hope all will be sorted out and that those who lose their accounts will get them back!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top