I've been having this HUGE problem with lag/high pings for the past week or so. So when I join a server, my ping is like 800 and i usually lag out the second i join a server. I tried to forward my ports a little more than a week ago, is that what might be causing it? Anyway, the lag is so bad sometimes its like im about to lag out(i can look around, but not move and everything else around me is frozen) but i can see people typing, hlstats recording me dying or something, and i can hear people talking on mic crystal clear. Also, my internet on Google Chrome ROCKS, i can load a huge page of images on fpsbanana in like 5 seconds, but in game my ping can reach 1000. What gives?
Also my comp specs:
Windows Vista
Lenovo SL500 Laptop
Router Specs:
Linksys
Model Number RZT31P2
ISP:
Comcast
Also I use a hardwire that connects my comp directly to the router(i've tried wireless, still extremely high pings)
Also my comp specs:
Windows Vista
Lenovo SL500 Laptop
Router Specs:
Linksys
Model Number RZT31P2
ISP:
Comcast
Also I use a hardwire that connects my comp directly to the router(i've tried wireless, still extremely high pings)











Another Time it was my router, went out bought a new router still didnt work, replaced the new router then it worked, I have a linksys Modem and I think its a D-Link router. Not sure on the router, however the router itself cost $70 the modem another $50-70. 