Valve Maps's Progress Thread

Should we disable no-crits & no-spread on VM for Quickplay?

  • Yes

    Points: 24 55.8%
  • No

    Points: 19 44.2%

  • Total voters
    43
  • Poll closed .
My spring break was last week lol, Well hope you enjoy yourself kazoo while im blowing stuff up in my chem labs :D

I definitely will. And have fun with that. XD


I played last night... the odd thing is when I play and get people on, it usually fills right up. It didn't last night D;

Yeah, I really think Quick Play really wasn't working last night.

Right now, I see 21/24, so I think it's working again. Yay~!


Yea, thanks, those double negatives really did confuse me. Oh well. Thanks for the info

Once again, I apologize about that. It didn't really occur to me how confusing it can be until much later.
 
I have no idea if it's possible, but a scramble plugin would be awesome if it worked with QP. What generally happens is one team gets stacked and it gradually causes the server to empty, resulting in our need to refill the server multiple times per day.
 
I have no idea if it's possible, but a scramble plugin would be awesome if it worked with QP. What generally happens is one team gets stacked and it gradually causes the server to empty, resulting in our need to refill the server multiple times per day.

we NEED a scramble option. I've been wanting one for ages but nothing's happened.
 
In the dropbox. :D

I can't let you do that, VP. It's too obvious. No one would ever drop-box something in the dropbox. Those two things are waaaaaayyyy too close to be related.

I'd try the Dropbox, myself.
 
Just my two cents on Scramble:

On servers that I've been on with this feature, there are people who really never get happy at this option. I'm not saying that it will not work in the way that you guys would want it to, I'm just saying that there won't be a large portion of people who are pleased if this goes on.
 
From what I've seen, the majority of the time there's 2-8 players on the server, one side totally dominates the other over and over, and causes pugs to leave faster than new pugs come. I've tried getting it going the other day and I just dominate everyone, not even on purpose. :/
 
A lot of the time, my husband and I join the same server so we can play together. Team scramble is super annoying because we always end up on opposite teams instead of same teams.

But if team scramble is what helps the servers, I say go for it.... just don't kick us for team switching so we can play together. ;)
 
A lot of the time, my husband and I join the same server so we can play together. Team scramble is super annoying because we always end up on opposite teams instead of same teams.

But if team scramble is what helps the servers, I say go for it.... just don't kick us for team switching so we can play together. ;)

Heehehe that's cute >.<

But I agree, I think team scramble is a good idea... unstack those teams!

Although any team Meep is on is automatically stacked. Pffff
 
From what I've seen, the majority of the time there's 2-8 players on the server, one side totally dominates the other over and over, and causes pugs to leave faster than new pugs come. I've tried getting it going the other day and I just dominate everyone, not even on purpose. :/

Yeah, depending on the pubs, I can go on a dominating streak. Hehe.

Last night, we had a full server. (You were there, I'm sure.) It was doing pretty well.

A lot of the time, my husband and I join the same server so we can play together. Team scramble is super annoying because we always end up on opposite teams instead of same teams.

But if team scramble is what helps the servers, I say go for it.... just don't kick us for team switching so we can play together. ;)

XD I wouldn't kick ya. And I am guilty of team-switching as well. :blushing:


EDIT:


Heehehe that's cute >.<

But I agree, I think team scramble is a good idea... unstack those teams!

Although any team Meep is on is automatically stacked. Pffff

Pffft. Sure. You need a Kazoo with that Meep for it to be stacked. XD
 
Yeah, depending on the pubs, I can go on a dominating streak. Hehe.

Last night, we had a full server. (You were there, I'm sure.) It was doing pretty well.



XD I wouldn't kick ya. And I am guilty of team-switching as well. :blushing:


EDIT:




Pffft. Sure. You need a Kazoo with that Meep for it to be stacked. XD

I respect that people may like to be on the same team as a friend, I usually volunteer to go spec so they can switch, I dont think anyone would get mad if you asked to team switch. Also, I agree with meeps comment, Its already stacked as soon as meep is on a team, adding kazoo just makes it overkill.
 
Yeah, I go on a failing streak all the time.

Last night, we had a full server. (You were there, I'm sure.) It was doing pretty well.



XD I wouldn't kick ya. And I am guilty of team-switching as well. :blushing:


EDIT:




Pffft. Sure. You need Failzoo with that Meep for it to start losing.

1) I fixed your post.
2) I team-switch all the freaking time.

Although any team Meep is on is automatically full of fail.

3) I fixed Meep's post.
 
As of right now, we're stuck in the middle of 900-930 on the rankings. Any ideas on how to increase our rank like we did before?
 
As of right now, we're stuck in the middle of 900-930 on the rankings. Any ideas on how to increase our rank like we did before?

This may be a bad idea, but I was thinking.... maybe we should remove one or two of our less popular maps on the server and replace them with other maps that may be more popular?

Problem is, how to go about and decide on this. And I'm not sure how difficult it is to add/remove maps.
 
Some maps may be the problem, and Kazoo said whenever the server is set to Dustbowl most of the time it passes from having 5-10 people playing, to the server getting filled, but then it goes to a not so popular/good map and many people leave and the cycle is repeated. So some maps are not helping improve the rank of the server and the best idea to fix this would be to change some of the maps that the server has for new maps that possibly people will like more and will cause the server to have more activity and it's rank to go up.

This may not work though, some people may like the current set up and like to play it that way so when it gets changed, they may not like it and never play on the server ever again, but it's just a prediction, anything can happen.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top