Jail server ideas

I like how people are complaining about the warden selection in this thread. I'm not surprised though. People whine that there is too much mic spamming during round start so I fix it, now they complain that they want the old way back.

Glad that I make the final decision here, otherwise we would never have any progress.
 
Map Design Ideas

Minecraft Jail Server:

Breakaway Arena

Mine Maze

Creeper run

Skeleton Shootout

Minecraft Parkour - Deathrun

Armory is a room full of chests

Heal room is a room full of dispensers in which case full of buttons that gives you health

Prison Cell make of Obsidian/Bedrock

Swimming pool with squid?

Boat wars with wooden Boats

Entrances to different places are nether Portals

Minecart Race?

Four Corners with the void/lava underneath

Basketball with Orange Block

Football stadium

s4s made of Minecraft Glass

Gladiator Stadium

HOPE YOU GUYS COULD MAKE THIS, IT WOULD BE AWESOME
 
Last edited:
Maybe we can have rank and point system like this:

Kill the Warden: (1000 Points)
Kill the Most Wanted T (T with most kills WINTHIN the round): (1000 Points)
Kill Last T (as Last CT): (500 points)
Kill any Wanted Ts: (100 Points)
Kill Sargent (CT with most Points): (500 Points)
Kill ST: (-1000 points)
Kill any non-wanted ts: (-500 points)
Get a reputation point: (350 Points)
Lose a Reputation point: (-350 Points)

This could go well with our new warden system, as cts with more points will be more likely to get Warden.

This is only a suggestion. Don't attack as is, since I want to see if this could be transformed into something good. Any thoughts on this system? Since its just basic stuff I thought off the top of my head, can you guys think of a better points, rank, and reward system?

No.Its better to get everyone has a chance to be warden
 
Death from winning temptation needs to be done away with,and T's should be allowed too heal if freedamaged.
 
I like how people are complaining about the warden selection in this thread. I'm not surprised though. People whine that there is too much mic spamming during round start so I fix it, now they complain that they want the old way back.

Glad that I make the final decision here, otherwise we would never have any progress.

I agree.

Just like back when CS:S came out and the hardcore CS: 1.6 guys didn't like it nor did they like the changes that came with eventually came with it.

Some people just don't like changes or are afraid of accepting them/making them.
 
Map Design Ideas

Minecraft Jail Server:

Breakaway Arena

Mine Maze

Creeper run

Skeleton Shootout

Minecraft Parkour - Deathrun

Armory is a room full of chests

Heal room is a room full of dispensers in which case full of buttons that gives you health

Prison Cell make of Obsidian/Bedrock

Swimming pool with squid?

Boat wars with wooden Boats

Entrances to different places are nether Portals

Minecart Race?

Four Corners with the void/lava underneath

Basketball with Orange Block

Football stadium

s4s made of Minecraft Glass

Gladiator Stadium

HOPE YOU GUYS COULD MAKE THIS, IT WOULD BE AWESOME

Basically a Minecraft -themed map. I like :thumbup:
 
I like how people are complaining about the warden selection in this thread. I'm not surprised though. People whine that there is too much mic spamming during round start so I fix it, now they complain that they want the old way back.

Glad that I make the final decision here, otherwise we would never have any progress.

I think that the warden selection would be a decent idea if it was tweaked a bit. Warden voting would be a lot better in my mind. Once you type !w you are thrown into the pool and then the CT's will vote for the warden. That's really the only change, I think, that should be made.
 
I think that the warden selection would be a decent idea if it was tweaked a bit. Warden voting would be a lot better in my mind. Once you type !w you are thrown into the pool and then the CT's will vote for the warden. That's really the only change, I think, that should be made.

Not gonna happen. This way eliminates favoritism, which was the whole point.

People can always pass warden if someone has a better game idea.

bear
 
Not gonna happen. This way eliminates favoritism, which was the whole point.

People can always pass warden if someone has a better game idea.

bear

Bear brigns up a great point. Muffinz if your system were put in then people like panda and clarissa would win everytime. Not fair :[
 
I like how people are complaining about the warden selection in this thread. I'm not surprised though. People whine that there is too much mic spamming during round start so I fix it, now they complain that they want the old way back.

Glad that I make the final decision here, otherwise we would never have any progress.

So true Bear
Personally, I'd rather type !w than have my ears bleeding from mic spam
Also, this random system gives new Pubs a chance to try warden and actually get it, Favoritism is always present in jail, sometimes its nice to have a fresh face as warden

Now my ideas pertain to the map designers. I really liked how I saw this being worked into Christy's new map. I would like to see the built in minigames randomly be "locked" for the round. This would keep the couch game/race/lr pattern from happening. Suddenly the entrance to couch game is locked, uh-oh time to play something different.

Now until that happens, heres an idea. CALM DOWN!
Jail is NOT life and death. Its a game
Treat it as so

Admins: Jail is not the last plane out of veitnam. Its nice to be able to play the game without your chat being all green. Admin it, and let it go..you dont need to beat it into the ground

CTs: Calm your trigger finger. Shooting a "frozen" T because his head moved is the wrong move. Accidents happen, mice get bumped. The T's not going to rebel by looking up 1 foot. Waiting 10 minutes to respawn really blows.

Ts: Read the rules. Listen carefully to orders. You'll spend less time debating over freekills that way. Believe it or not, most often the CT is right for shooting you. Also, if you plan on actually playing the games, have a fresh new LR in mind, Ct Idol is about as worn as couch game.
If you want the CTs to play new fun games, you better create new fun LRs

-DOOM
 
Thing is, this is the type of map that works on building teamwork for the Ts. If they can build teamwork on a map like prospekt, it makes rebelling on minigame based maps a lot easier.


Its not really teamwork, when one person plants the bomb before cells open, and before cells are even open, all T's are wanted. Just poor bomb placement in my opinion. Good idea and Im not opposed to it, but bomb placements need to be better placed.

As far as old jail, new jail stuff, numbers speak for themselves. Maps with bombsites and nothing else to do dont really get played. It may have been the thing to do at one point in time, but eventually its time to move on and make what the majority like.
 
Last edited:
Not gonna happen. This way eliminates favoritism, which was the whole point.

People can always pass warden if someone has a better game idea.

bear

I guess I see your point, I don't know. Maybe it will be a good change to the server, it's probably to new to see how it will work out.
 
Jail maps need less mini games and needs them to be spread out more. Having maps just full of them with no way of rebelling and escaping are NOT jail maps. Plus only like 3 games are used on maps with tons of games or just games.

Jail isn't about playing mini games, people freak out when they die by them or loose in a game cause the CTs fail to pay attention. This is Jail... YOU ARE TO REBEL... Id rather die with knife damage to a CT, knife kill, or a killing streak then by some dumb game.

Valve broke bombs, well weapon stripping. Terrorists shouldn't spawn with them but they do. Sucks but they do. Sure they plant but they're trolling their team when they plant that fast. Bear could add something to his plug in to strip them of their weapons (bomb) but thats more work plus Valve can easily fix that but probably wont.

So maps should be based on escaping, rebelling and destroying the prison thats what jails been since the beginning and thats what started the craze. It was more strategy and teamwork than original CS game modes. Games were added to move the Terrorists around to allow them new escape routes and means of rebelling. Having them too close to cell block and also too close to each other equals boring play of games. I mean sure they can be fun but you can go play a mini game map that does same... Seems jails headed that way based on some of the maps lately...
 
Jail maps need less mini games and needs them to be spread out more. Having maps just full of them with no way of rebelling and escaping are NOT jail maps. Plus only like 3 games are used on maps with tons of games or just games.

Jail isn't about playing mini games, people freak out when they die by them or loose in a game cause the CTs fail to pay attention. This is Jail... YOU ARE TO REBEL... Id rather die with knife damage to a CT, knife kill, or a killing streak then by some dumb game.

Valve broke bombs, well weapon stripping. Terrorists shouldn't spawn with them but they do. Sucks but they do. Sure they plant but they're trolling their team when they plant that fast. Bear could add something to his plug in to strip them of their weapons (bomb) but thats more work plus Valve can easily fix that but probably wont.

So maps should be based on escaping, rebelling and destroying the prison thats what jails been since the beginning and thats what started the craze. It was more strategy and teamwork than original CS game modes. Games were added to move the Terrorists around to allow them new escape routes and means of rebelling. Having them too close to cell block and also too close to each other equals boring play of games. I mean sure they can be fun but you can go play a mini game map that does same... Seems jails headed that way based on some of the maps lately...

I will be adding bomb stripping on a per map basis when I add the LR functionality. I can go ahead and push this forward ahead of the LR stuff if it's a big issue.
 
Honestly I would like to see something added to encorage teamwork rather than playing games all the time. I mean teamwork to rebel. Rebellers are a dying breed and I feel something should be created to help this.
Although I am not sure what could help, I like the idea of, say, a secret room with guns in, low ammo, not many, but you can only access the room if you press a few buttons around the map in either a certain order or at the same time, encoraging the t's to use team chat, work together to get guns and rebel.
 
I had a rebel on canyon today, and all of the t's rushed into armory under it. There was one ct guarding it and it ended up I was the only one to go up there the rest camped and tried to hide.

Jail isn't like it used to be -.-
 
Back
Top