Game Overview: Stardew Valley!

sv-header.png

Game Overview: Stardew Valley!

Stardew Valley is a charming and immersive farming game that invites players to experience a different way of living life on a country farm. The game offers the opportunity to cultivate crops, nurture animals, mine for resources, create lasting relationships with the townspeople, and much more.

Stardew Valley is available on most platforms, including PC, console, and mobile devices, with prices typically ranging from $14.99 to $19.99 USD depending on the platform.

Gameplay:
Stardew Valley revolves around tending to your farm's daily chores and needs, time management, and exploring Pelican Town and the vast area that surrounds it. Some notable mentions for farming activities such as planting crops, raising animals, fishing, and exploring the mines for valuable resources. Why play with yourself when you can play with others? The game offers an exciting multiplayer mode where players can farm with up to four of their friends. Collaborate in farming activities such as planting crops, raising animals, fishing, and exploring the mines for valuable resources. The multiplayer mode allows players to collaborate to maximize their profits, and resources, and also interact with the characters of Pelican Town. There are also competitions such as fishing contests and quests that players can compete in.

@SoupyJr
I heard about Stardew Valley I believe from YouTube. I've played it for a long time so I don't fully remember. I enjoy all aspects of the game, though I enjoy mining and fighting the most when playing the game. The game is solid, I wouldn't change anything about it. It's amazing, very well made and designed. The music is amazing as well. 100% would recommend it if you enjoy farming sims and in my opinion, hard competitive people can also enjoy the game by using it to relax. 5 stars.
5⭐

@Honorstar
I heard about Stardew Valley years ago via a YouTuber doing a playthrough. It's a calm game with multiple storylines. I love stories in games. I actually play a good bit of modded Stardew that has additional NPCs and a larger farm to tend to. It's a fun game to play and relax with. It's also got a fun story with happy and sad notes. I have recommended it to others. If you like a semi-structured game that has a good story, and various things to do so you are never bored. It's a solid 3.5 stars.
3.5⭐

@MS
I think I heard about Stardew Valley through YouTube. It's always nice stumbling across massive communities just through the algorithm. I like that there's no "correct" way to play, and there are many things you can do in it. I tend to find myself min-maxxing each day to make the most of them; and then there's other people who focus on decorating, reaching a specific goal as fast as possible, and of course playing casually. There are hundreds of items and goals you can aim for, and dozens of ways you could go about reaching each one. More updates in general would be amazing, but I don't really want anything specific. ConcernedApe has announced he's working on a new game, but Stardew recently got a big 1.6 update. With the modding community, it's usually easy enough to add a specific feature or remove something that I'm not a huge fan of. Overall I think the game is very fun and a great videogame. It has amazing replayability and is definitely worth the money in general. The community as a whole is also great, modding Stardew can make it almost a completely different game. (Would you recommend?) Absolutely! I think 90% of people would love the game and get at least 10 hours of playtime out of it.
5⭐

@Mr. Leprechaun
(Heard about the game from) My brother. The open world Survival and basic farming. The further you progress, the more stuff you get that can make doing stuff easier. I do wish they would add a little more Energy off the beginning, as getting going is kinda rough. I really love the game. I have a couple of different saves that have gotten far. I definitely recommend the game to others, and if you have other friends, it can be played with up to 4 players. 10 stars, it's a Perfect game.
10⭐

@GrumpyCatJen
I heard about it through friends, more specifically my friend Skyewidow. I love the fact that each person has their own story and you can unravel each one throughout the game. There were some features that I wished were in the game, and the most recent update allowed for those (tents, money value). I love that they added the ability to adopt more cats (well, pets in general, but I mean look at my name). I do wish you could put sprinklers on sand; it seems odd that I can farm crops and plant trees on sand but can only place sprinklers on dirt. Personally, I do not enjoy it as a multi-player game, but I do enjoy it as a single-player game. It does not have to be taken too seriously and still serves to be a relaxing activity. I love that players can take so many different avenues; it actually makes it possible to start multiple games and play them differently each time. (Would you recommend it?) Yes! 5 Stars, Excellent game!
5⭐

Minimum System Requirements
Operating System: Windows Vista or higher / Mac OSX 10.10+ / Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Processor: 2 GHz speed / 2 Ghz speed / 2 GHz speed
Memory: 2 GB RAM / 2 GB RAM / 2 GB RAM
Free Disk Space: 500 MB / 500 MB / 500 MB
Graphics: 256 MB video memory, shader model 3.0+ / 256 MB video memory, OpenGL 2 / 256 MB video memory, OpenGL 2
Display Resolution: HD (1280 x 720)

Recommended System Requirements
Operating System: Windows Vista or higher / Mac OSX 10.10+ / Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Processor: 2 GHz speed / 2 Ghz speed / 2 GHz speed
Memory: 2 GB RAM / 2 GB RAM / 2 GB RAM
Free Disk Space: 500 MB / 500 MB / 500 MB
Graphics: 256 MB video memory, shader model 3.0+ / 256 MB video memory, OpenGL 2 / 256 MB video memory, OpenGL 2
Display Resolution: FHD (1360 x 768), FHD (1920 x 1080)

Art: @december | Writer: @Golden | Interviewer: Immaculate Immaculate

Check EdgeGamers out on Social Media:
YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | TikTok

Latest posts

Back